Re: Companion Radio

On Thu, 6 Sep 2001, Kyle Stephanos wrote:
> to "Companion Radio", or "Your companion radio".

Keep an eye out for a senior citizens' residence (old age home) in the
area.  This is what I would call "muzak for the elderly."  It's
essentially the same thing that the Muzak corporation does --
psychologically programmed music to relax a person and keep them
entertained and active and stress-free as they go about their day.

I think it's a pretty neat system....especially their pop-standards
station (20s, 30s, and 40s).  I'm a big fan of that music, but I imagine
that the costs of bringing that service into a private home must be
prohibitive.

The transmitters, I assume are Part-15 unlicensed stations.

Makes me want to find out what old-age residence has one of these things
and check into it (and I'm only 25!!) :-D

--
Sven Franklyn Weil            "The needs of the many outweigh
<sven@gordsven.com>                      the needs of the few