Re: rabbit ears

On Thu, 6 Sep 2001 12:22:57 -0700 (PDT) "Bob Nelson...WMWM"
<bobonradio@yahoo.com> writes:

> --if you use rabbit ears or an antenna on top of your
> house, do you also get much spottier reception than
> you'd expect? (I'd guess hills or tall buildings
> can really affect the signal, so it probably depends
> where you are...)

You are certainly not going to get cable reception, you will get ghosts
etc. I'm in Lowell and have tried rabbit ears at the laundromat.  The
only station that came in with decent quality was channel 25 not matter
what I did or how much I fine tuned it.

> --these rabbit ears also say they're for FM. Has
> anyone used rabbit ears for FM reception and, if so,
> how well did it do?

I gave up on TV and I am now using the rabbit ears for my FM system in
the laundromat, it works fine.

> --has anyone ever tried the type of antenna where you
> plug it in and "use the wiring of the house to
> get reception"?

I have tried several of those "hi-tech" anntennas and they don't work any
better than rabbit ears, at least not from my location.  I have not tried
the kind you are talking about but I have read that it depends on the
wiring in your house but most of the time it doesn't work well.

df