Re: Re: AM 740 not doing Legal ID

On Tue, 4 Sep 2001, David Moisan wrote:

> At 06:56 AM 9/4/2001 -0400, you wrote:
> >Or WQSX Lawrence-Boston hushed under a 'whoosh' sound at the :50 stopset.
>
> "WLKB (Lowell)/BOSTON, A Greater Media Station"

In December, 1983, I was driving across the Mojave Desert on I-40
westbound, listening to one of the only receivable AM stations (there were
none on FM) when the top of the hour rolled around and I heard:

...(drum roll with something being mumbled under it)... THE MIGHTY
SIX-NINETY!!!

That got my curiosity aroused; the station gave out no clues as to its
location other than references to "southern California" in commercials, so
I listened very carefully to the next top-of-hour ID. I was able to make
out -- just barely -- "equis ay tay erray ah, Baja California, Mexico".

Rob Landry
umar@nerodia.wcrb.com