Re: AM 740 not doing Legal ID

Wow...efficient!...LOL

JP

----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter Murray" <pete@partnercomm.com>
To: <bri@bostonradio.org>
Sent: Monday, September 03, 2001 1:20 PM
Subject: RE: AM 740 not doing Legal ID

Hoping this puts this to rest:

Section 73.1201: Station identification.
b) Content
(1) Official station identification shall consist of the station's call
letters immediately followed by the community or communities specified
in its license as the station's location:
Provided, That the name of the licensee or the station's frequency or
channel number, or both, as stated on the station's license may be
inserted between the call letters and station location. No other
insertion is permissible.
(2) A station may include in its official station identification the
name of any additional community or communities, but the community to
which the station is licensed must be named first.

Callsign info is found in Section 73.3550 - "Requests for new or
modified call sign assignments."

All FCC regulations with regards to broadcast facilities can be found at
http://www.fcc.gov/mmb/asd/bickel/amfmrule.html.

-Peter Murray (N3IXY/1)
Somerville, MA