Sorry, Dave Phaneuf

The September issue of the WGBH Program Guide arrived in my
snailmail box yesterday, and something new has been added to WGBH-FM's
schedule.  They're adding (I said ADDING) some new classical programming
on Sunday afternoons from 2:00 to 5:00 pm.  It's called "SymphonyCast"
(that's the spelling they used) a program containing live-on-tape concerts
and operas in New England and elsewhere.  This coincides with Dave
Phaneuf's shift on WBUR, and so some people may be abandoning FM
channel 215 for FM channel 209. Of course, for anybody near a radio
at 2:00 pm Sundays, "On  the Media" is must-listen-radio.  But those
of us north of Boston can get it on WEVO 89.1 in Concord, NH from
11:05 am till noon.
(Now this coincides with another must-listen-radio show, LTAR, but
I can make an audio cassette from FM while using my not-so-superRadio
to pick up WJIB).
Previously, WGBH-FM had used Sunday afternoon as a venue for
reruns of "This American Life", undoubtedly a good show but available
TWICE on WBUR, and a word-game show.  This is a better use of the
time and adds some excellent music at a time when may people can
listen to it.

Laurence Glavin

Get 250 color business cards for FREE!