Re: WUNR ratings et al

> (re: "chicken AC")
>
> > Didn't Frank Purdue have something to do with
> that, CLUK?  (Or was it
> > Ernie Boch <g>)  My guess is it's adult
> contemporary that sticks to
> > the "safe, top-10, and then only if it so
> recognized you know all the
> > words" format.
>
> That doesn't describe the WBOS AC format as I
> remember it. They played a
> fair amount of stuff I didn't recognize.
>
> As to "chicken AC", I assumed it meant a format
> aimed at "chicks".

I understand "chicken AC" to indicate that it was an
AC station that was too chicken to play anything with
a "beat" or a "bite".

WBOS under Ron Robin (as "Stereo 93"...how original!)
played a lot of the bland AC stuff....England Dan &
John Ford-Coley, Seals & Crofts, David Soul's "Don't
give up on us", etc...

But probably not "Ring My Bell" by Anita Ward, or "Le
Freak" by Chic...or "Do ya' think I'm sexy" by Rod
Stewart..

=====
Joe Pappalardo

joepappalardo2001@yahoo.com