Re: FM band opening

Here on the North Shore of Boston I'm picking up
WTIC-FM in Hartford instead of the 96.5 from
Manchester, NH; also WKCI Hamden, CT (101.3), WHUS
Storrs, CT (91.7) and several others stations from
Conn., RI, and the Cape. In some cases, stations I
normally get like WOKQ (97.5, Dover NH) were
replaced by other, unfamiliar (to me) stations.
(All this was happening at about 2:30 am along
Rt. 128 in Essex County).