Re: Area ratings....

On Friday, July 27, 2001, at 09:19 PM, Larry Weil wrote:

> And why would anyone in Worcester want to listen to WBZ, when their
> news coverage rarely includes anything in or near Worcester?

Because we're used to it?  Worcester is extremely under-served,
especially on TV where most Boston TV reports from surrounding towns are
described as happening in "western Massachusetts".  Unfortunately,
Worcester's two TV stations are Spanish-language and "religious".
Springfield stations do not cover Worcester either.

I listen to WTAG for local news at the top of the hour, then switch to
WBZ.  If I hit the button at the right time, I'm even spared the new CBS
sounder.

Paul