Re: A horse is a horse...

> He did not.  They revealed the joke later in the show.  When I heard
them
> talking about the "fall" on the radio, I thought it was real.  But
when I
> saw Chuck on TV, I knew it was a joke.
>
> Last week, the I-man did a spoof interview of Gary Condit that
fooled CNN.
> They asked for a copy of the interview.
>
> -- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine

Seems like they pulled something that Imus would call, if it were
anyone else's idea, "lame."  It was clear that the producer and tech
were luke warm to buying into the bit.  I was listening when they did
that spoof on the airline stewardess last week.  _That_ was funny.
But it was clear that she was just too confident in coming out with
the kinky stuff and that Don was too laid back with his responses
(letting the bit run) that it was clear.  I liked her Michael Jackson
reference.  I hear that Imus' numbers are up; if so, then I guess you
can expect more 'creative' bits that push the envelope with
'management' a la Letterman and the same CBS parent.

Bill O'Neill