Re: Administrivia-Site Status (Was: test)

> > Which brings up the legitimate question--and possibly the reason
> > for his "test":  What is the status of BostonRadio.org?
>
> That's exactly the reason.  I've also been having problems with my e-mail
> here.  It was acting up a couple of weeks back when my friend (who's
> computer used to host my e-mail account) moved and re=connected his
> machine somewhere else.  Sometimes I wasn't sure whether it was the BRI
> list or my e-mail account that was messing up.

The proper way to test a mailing list server is this: wait until you can
think of an on-topic post to make, and make it.   Save a copy on your
local machine in case the mail doesn't go through.   That act of waiting
saves the writer from sending a junk "test" post to the mailboxes of
hundreds of people.

As Sven quotes from "Surak", "the needs of the many" (for the avoidance
of junk mail) "outweigh the needs of the few or the one" (for resolution
of a personal mail problem).

Of course, some of the regular, on-topic posts waste the time of
hundreds of people, but, uh, that's different.  :-)

--RC