Re: WHOB

Paul Hopfgarten wrote:
>Heard a liner (5 sec) saying (something to the effect of) WHOB is coming
to Manchester....

>While it certainly could be a 'remote' tease, and WHOB already comes in
pretty well in Manchester....

The rumor I heard was that WHOB & WNNH would be moving their studios to
Manchester.  For WHOB it couldn't help but be a step up facilities-wise.

>Anyone heard/speculate that with WQLL's (96.5-Bedford NH)sucess as an
Oldies station, that WNNH (99.1-Henniker NH) may flip to a simulcast of
WHOB????

WNNH does quite well sales & ratings-wise in Concord and to the north
(where they have a much better signal), so I doubt there will be any
significant changes on 99.1.  WLKZ, which is also Telemedia-owned seems
redundant and is the likelier one to change.  Great signal, programming
always seemed an afterthought (ie cold segue after cold segue after cold
segue).