Re: BBC WS stops shortwave broadcasts to US

> On 24 Jun 2001,  I wrote:
>
> > In case it hasn't been mentioned, BBC World Service (the "Features and
> > Music" channel, even) is carried on the second audio program (SAP) of
> > cable channel C-SPAN 2.

and Joe Ross answered:

> It's also available on the Web.

For some reason the audio link offered on the World Service home page
sometimes doesn't actually play the scheduled "Features and Music
Channel" programs, but other programs.  Perhaps the streaming system
isn't being fed the correct audio source.   I've sent BBC an e-mail
note about this; perhaps they'll correct it.

--RC