first Red Sox broadcasts?

A while back, Kevin asked when the first Red Sox games were broadcast and
who did the play by play, because (if I recall correctly) somebody in the
Red Sox organisation wanted to know.  So,  I did some research-- I assumed
one very early experimental broadcast might have been done by the late Joe
Toye, a mega sports fan and writer for the Boston Traveler, but I was
finally able to document the April 13, 1926 first broadcast on WNAC-- in
WNAC's printed history, they always gave that date as the first time they
broadcast a Red Sox game from Fenway... it was  the home opener, versus the
Yankees.  Back then, it was a custom to let whichever the newspaper your
station worked with select the play by play announcer-- who was usually one
of their sportswriters.  That's how Frank Ryan of the Herald ended up doing
the Bruins play by play on WBZ from about 1924 on.  After working with WBZ
for a couple of years, the Traveler split off and worked with WNAC, while
the Herald continued their arrangement with WBZ.  So, according to the
Traveler, the first to broadcast the Red Sox games was one of their
sportswriters-- Gus Rooney, who had broadcast a couple of boxing matches
before doing the Red Sox play by play.  (Fred Hoey came later.)

So, I called Kevin Shea at the Red Sox to tell him, and he said he wasn't
the one seeking the information.  I wonder who wanted it, now that it seems
we really do have that piece of Red Sox (and radio) trivia.  (Btw, the
Yankees won, 12 to 11...)