Re: Sunday AM AAA show garners 33 share of men 25-54 in large medium market

dan.strassberg@att.net wrote:

>The Galaxy stations are doing something that isn't done
>very widely elsewhere. They are combining voice-tracking
>with live jocks, but all of the voice tracks are done on
>the day the shows air. Also, the stop sets that air on
>WTKW/WTKV are different from the ones that air on WKLL.
>Mimi keeps one set of speakers on WKLL and the other set
>on WTKW/WTKV so she can hear both stop sets when the
>stations separate.

We did much the same on WJYY when we simulcast on WNHQ (splitting for some
stopsets).  We were quite anal on spot length (a :60 had to be EXACTLY
:60), so cut aways and returns were almost seamless.

> by avoiding cuts that begin with a vocal at
>the end of stop sets, she was able to accomodate a
>couple of seconds difference in the length of the stop
>sets that ran concurrently.

She segued directly from a spot into a song????  Haven't heard that in years.

We still do a mix of voicetracking & live shifts on 'JYY.  Our PD also
insists that shifts be tracked on the same day as they air (exceptions are
few & far between).