Re: Class

"Bill O'Neill" wrote:

>Just a bit off-topic, but it's about 8:05 AM and McVeigh coverage is
>everywhere.  The standout: Fox News Channel is running a list of the
>OK City dead with no audio.  Such a contrast to the perpetrator
>coverage EVERYWHERE else.  What a concept - focusing on the victims.
>What a contrast.

At 8:05, WBZ kept mentioning they were waiting for the official
word.  Meanwhile, they concentrated on interviews with victims'
families and an interview with Tufts Professor about public
executions.  I thought the statement "the drugs should be flowing
now..." by Lapierre was a bit Macabre.  When they finally went
live ~8:25 with the official press conference, they dumped the
8:33 traffic report while somebody prattled on endlessly about
"What Good Spirits" McVeigh was in, what he wore on his feet
(sneakers) a list of the drugs used, the effect each was supposed
to have and a reading of a poem McVeigh wrote just before he
walked the Green Mile. One reporter questioned why the execution
didn't follow the exact schedule.  Apparently there was a last-
minute problem with the video feed.  So much about so little.
One man interviewed said "McVeigh ain't worth getting up that
early in the morning"

I suspect that the Wretched Traffic everywhere this morning was
due to Aural Gawking during the commute.

Roger Kirk
rogerkirk@ttlc.net