Re: Pat Desmarais?

On Sat, 09 Jun 2001 16:37:41 -0400 Donna Halper <dlh@donnahalper.com>
writes:
> I read in today's Herald that WBSM talk show host Pat Desmarais (who
> believe has at times filled in for David Brudnoy on WBZ) was fired
> from the
> New Bedford station.  The Herald says it was because Desmarais
> criticised
> the local politicians too much (especially the mayor) and that
> resulted in
> his getting fired.  Anyone heard more about this?

Pat was quoted in one of the papers this week being critical of an
aquarium project the City of New Bedford was paying big bucks for (this
was the story in which it was revealed that former Congressman Gerry
Studds was pulling in some big money as a "consultant") and according to
the Herald article that's why he says he was fired.
df