Re: Jackass,Viacom&CBS

On Sat, 2 Jun 2001 20:37:48 -0400 "Dan Billings" <dib9@gwi.net> writes:
> I agree with your point.  Having only one station in town doing news
> is not
> a good thing.  However, I do not think it is necessary for every
> station to
> do news or to have new coverage mandated.

It would be best if coverage were not mandated, but as we have seen if
something isn't mandated then stations/group owners will go the route of
lowest expense and highest profit.  Nothing wrong with that, but when
that happens there are sacrafices.  In this market as many others good
radio news coverage has suffered.

df