Re: Corporate

Chuck: I'd like to be able to say that I noticed the
spelling error but intentionally left it alone. In fact,
I missed it. But, alas, there _is_ a valid reason for
not correcting a spelling error in the subject field of
a message to which you're replying. If you change
_anything_ in the message title, software that sorts on
threads will not consider your reply to be part of the
original thread. By correcting a spelling error, you,
umm, break the thread.

Now if you want to see some _really_ bizarre message
titles, let's have the server run a spell chack on the
titles and automatically "correct" the errors. I have a
feeling the message titles would soon provide the
biggest laughs on the list. Garrett will probably chime
in that that would happen only if he used a Microsoft
spell checker, which he would never do. But I don't know
whether Unix-based spell checkers are really better.

I'd better stop now before Garrett raps my knuckles for
an off-topic post.--Dan