Re: Corperate radio/Clear Channel

On Mon, 7 May 2001 14:00:26 -0400 "Joseph Pappalardo"
<joepappalardo2001@yahoo.com> writes:
> From: "Dave Faneuf" <tklaundry@juno.com>
> Do you think the offenses listed in the Salon.com article are enough
> to get
> anyone's attention in radio?
>
> After all, most of congress had little understanding that the
> Telecom bill
> had this effect on broadcasting.
>
> Maybe they'll see the problems with this past legislation....the
> errr,
> loopholes...and come up with some correction.
>
> JP

I haven't read the acticle yet, if I get a chance I'll look it up
tonight, but I do remember a quote by Ed Markey a couple of years ago
when he was asked about the impact on the broadcast industry and he said
(paraphrasing)  We didn't think anything like this would happen.   And
yet no one has stepped up to the plate to fix anything.  I'll let you
know what I think further after I link to the Salon.com article

df