Tale of 3 Stations

Greetings List:
    I have a tale of 3 stations.....  in Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Pa market
(Market #68).

WARM- 590- Scranton - best AM signal in market.  5,000 watts full time. Owned
by Citadel.... currently on a slide in the ratings. Now at  0.5  !!!!!!

WEJL- 630- Scranton - great signal.   One of 5 stations in market owned by
Shamrock.   Ratings  0.4 !!!!     Currently (in past year) with sports
format.   15 months ago was Adult Standards with a near 4.0.

WNAK-730 Nantikote, Pa (30 miles west of Scranton, and 15 miles west of
Wilks-Barre) - 1,000 watts day,  12 watts night.   Owned by AN INDIVIDUAL who
has been at it for 35 years owning and programming that station.  HOME-BREW
Adult Standards format.   Ratings: 6.0 !!!!!

Amazing.....   WNAK:
inferior signal,  individually-owned,  no satellite help, all of this, and
its the #1 rated AM station in the market.

PS:   WNAK's income is very small.  Barely profitable.   And I'll bet that
the sports station with one-twelfth of the listeners, is billing more!

PS2:  Noted that there is no "religious" stations in the market, out of the
30 signals there.   WHAT A WIERD PLACE!    :-)

--------jibguy