Boston's first radio announcer on WNAC radio

While exploring varied radio archives, I noted the
following item that might be of a bit of interest to
people who read about radio history and listen to old
audio from the past.

Boston's first radio announcer on WNAC radio.
http://www.bpl.org/WWW/special/collections.html

McClosky, David Blair (1902-1988)
Collection (Music Department, x2285)

The large working collection of teacher, vocal coach
 and singer David Blair McClosky contains vocal
 classical works from all periods of music.

 Mr. McClosky graduated from the New England
 Conservatory of Music.

 He soloed with many of the major symphony orchestras
 in the United States, including the Boston Symphony
 Orchestra and performed with the Chicago Opera Company
 and Manhattan Opera Company.

 He was Bostons first radio announcer on WNAC radio.

 He was founder and director of the Plymouth Rock
 Center for Music and Drama.

 As a clinical voice therapist and consultant,
 he worked with the New York State University at
 Syracuse and the Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary.

 Among his students were Faye Dunaway, Al Pacino,
 Jill Clayburgh, Ruth Gordon and Joan Baez.

 He had served as a vocal advisor to former Governor
 Dukakis, Senator Bulger and Presidents John F. Kennedy
 and Lyndon Baines Johnson.

A number of people have let me know of their varied
interests. I'll keep an eye out for other items
and let you know more.

Cheers! and kind regards,
oo__ Don

http://GuideToProblematicalLibraryUse.weblogs.com/stories