Re: FCC gives "guidelines" on indecency

Donna writes:

<snip> And then, he and his
> commission issue this document, which is, well let's just say it's
somewhat
> strange.  I'd appreciate opinions on it.
<snip>... Perhaps I'm getting old, but I can still recall
> great personality jocks who could be funny without being excessively
> vulgar.   Or am I missing something about successful morning radio
today?

I surfed over to that link.  Pretty disgusting stuff quoted in there.
It's what you'd expect to happen if you left the station live and
unattended, mics up, so that any miscreant could wander in and take it
to the lowest possible level until apprehended.  That a licenseholder
would want to push the envelope with lyrics like that speaks more to
dishonor to themselves and their community than to risk and a new
frontier.

I feel better now.

Bill O'Neill