Re: Re: WICE tunes out Yanks; switch to children\'s radio

Disney recently purchased 1450 from its surrogate,
Hibernia Communications, which originally purchased the
Boston, W Warwick, Bloomfield (CT), and Birmingham (AL)
Radio Disney affiliates. My guess is that when 550
became talk, there was some sort of noncompete agreement
that is preventing Disney from putting ESPN radio on the
550 signal, which is a lot better in Providence than the
1450 signal (although 1450 either recently moved its TX
closer to Providence or holds a CP to do so). I suspect
that if you can pick up 1450, you'll find that it is now
running ESPN radio.