Re: Unusual conditions on the AM band locally last night

On Tue, 3 Apr 2001 08:55:22 -0700 (PDT) John Bolduc wrote:

>Conditions around 10PM last evening were quite unusual in the >southern NH
>area.

>Even two/three hours after sunset, conditions were almost mid-day >like.

The same situation occured here last night too.  At about 1 AM, I turned my
radio on to hear 1010 WINS blasting in like a local, without a sign of CFRB
Toronto interfering (usually you can hear both stations simultaneously on
top of each other after dark), and even the 1 kw graveyarders here were
practically clear as a bell.  740 CHWO Toronto, 800 CKLW, and WBBM, amongst
many others that are usually a sure catch around here, were a total no show.
  It was one of the most bizarre nights on the AM dial I've ever
experienced.

                                    Matt Osborne
                                    Hyde Park, NY