Globe ombudsman on WEEI-Globe flap

The Globe's ombudsman, Jack Thomas, writes about the
Globe/WEEI flap (especially the killing of Eileen
McNamara's column on the issue) in today's edition:

http://www.boston.com/dailyglobe2/092/oped/Somehow_life_will_go_on_after_WEEI_uproar+.shtml

By the way, I'm guessing WTKK's Jay Severin, who
attacked the Phoenix's Dan Kennedy for calling him
"garbagemouth" the other day, will also go after
Thomas, who calls Severin and his listeners "right-
wing nuts".

Sounds like a full-scale media war going on lately;
WEEI vs. the Globe, WEEI vs. the Herald's Jim Baker,
the Globe and the Phoenix vs. Jay Severin, etc.

I will say that I read Thomas' article and thought,
"hmm, I don't think WEEI's Dennis and Callahan is
all that crude". Of course, after hearing some good
baseball talk on that show today I also heard that
play part of a song urging people to take out their
private parts "at the old ball-game" :)

The media wars won't stop, I guess; it's been said
that the favorite pastimes in Boston are politics
and revenge and maybe both can be seen here. By the
way I would gather that some people on the Left
would refer to anyone to the right of them as "right
wing wackos" and vice versa. Similarly, we've seen
the print media and electronic media disrespect
each other lately here in town.

One final thought: Globe sportswriters help WEEI
by offering their expertise on the air, and it
serves to promote their paper in the process as well
(just as J. Max Robins' appearances on WRKO's Howie
Carr serve to promote Max's publication, TV Guide).
If the Globe cuts off their writers from 'EEI I
guess the station can always turn to Herald
scribes instead.