Re: Expos need miracle to air in English

At 11:37 AM -0500 3/25/01, Chuckigo@aol.com wrote:
>hmmm... they are seemingly plenty of markets that fit
>the bill already.  there are portions of Maine where
>French is as predominant as English, and those areas
>are not only rated, but also much smaller in terms of
>actual population numbers.

Arbitron's Maine rated markets are:

Portland 219,000
Augusta-Waterville 97,000
Lewiston-Auburn 85,000
Bangor 72,000

I swear to you that French is nowhere near "as predominant as
English" in any of those places.  :)

And, while it's true that Guam is larger than Augusta, I'm guessing
there's more advertiser and radio station interest in buying ratings
reports for Augusta.

Mark