Radio Turn-offs

In a message dated 3/5/2001 2:44:04 PM Eastern Standard Time,
billo@shoreham.net writes:
<< Are there any particular things that, once heard on any radio, you
 abruptly devolve into a pulsating gelatinous mass (or you change the
 station -  >>

My peeve is use of clichés: "personal service" "the friendly folks" "for your
convenience" "your headquarters for____," "knowledgeable/dedicated staff,"
"don't forget" "that's right," "count on the professionals at...," "plenty of
free parking," "that number again is," "all your flooring/
automotive/party/housing/marine/animal/paintingetc needs".

And

Well-intentioned but uncreative weather/news/traffic talent that warn me "to
be careful/take it easy/the roads are slick/sun glare.."

And

Pigeonholing listeners to blurt the calls at the end of a contest phoner,
"What station plays today's hit  muuuuuuiscc??----

Of course I am guilty of all of the above :-)

       Dave Iseman
off the air and on Cape Cod
   www.MarinasForSale.com