From: Sptseditor@aol.com <Sptseditor@aol.com>
To: boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org
<boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org>
Date: Wednesday, March 07, 2001 9:32 PM
Subject: 1440 Worcester

>At Thanksgiving-time around dusk one day, while driving south from York,
PA, to Baltimore, I picked up a signal which I swore was 1440 from
Worcester, relaying WEEI. I made a mental note of it and thought I'd check
back again at another time to see if I could pick it up at critical hours.

>Lo and behold, I'm driving into Lancaster, PA, this afternoon at about
5:40, and I started hearing what I thought was Glen Ordway's voice in the
background. By the time I had gotten off the highway, at 5:45, 1440 was
coming in solidly, the strongest station on a busy channel. Five minutes
later, their signal faded away.

>Is this an unusual catch? Does their pattern beam southwest during critical
hours? (I thought they may be non-directional, though.) Lancaster is
probably 325 miles by road from Worcester, maybe 300 or so air miles.