Re: Weather - Correction

Hopefully the jacket was not Navy Blue in color.

(Sorry Dan, as a retired Coastie, who used to be stationed there, I just
couldn't let that slide by untouched).

But seriously, the "Big-3" Bangor Channels, WLBZ "StormCenter"
(drumbeat, drumbeat) WABI-TV5 and WVII ABC-7 all called this pretty
close in Down-East Maine, east of Bangor especially. Here on Mount
Desert Island totals were 8-10". Most local forecasts were for 8-15
inches, increasing greatly as you moved SW to Portland.  Remember too,
that Eastern Maine now gets its' forecasts from the NWS way up in
Caribou, not Portland.

Local coverage of the storm, in my opinion was adequate. Nothing
outstanding. I am surprised none of them sent a crew down here to Mount
Desert Island where seas, surf and wind-blown snow would have added some
effect. It certainly would have been more dramatic than a Bangor parking
lot with 2" of snow and a few flurries in the background. I thought
WCSH6 when relayed by WLBZ2 was pretty good. Enjoyed the surf shots.

You can't imagine the signs of relief I felt when I observed on the
bottom of the WLBZ screen that the Brewer chapter of the Sweet Adelines
of Maine called off their Tuesday evening meeting.

As for my comments on the Super-Ultra-Hype by the Weather Channel. I
probably should post them on another list.

Rod O'Connor
Southwest Harbor, Maine