Re: Lydon resigns from WBUR

<<On Sat, 3 Mar 2001 08:50:05 -0500, "Dan Billings" <dib9@gwi.net> said:

> He has retired, but I believe he still has an ownership interest in the
> production company that produces the News Hour.

AIUI, MacNeil/Lehrer Productions' ownership structure is like this:

	25% R. MacNeil
	25% J. Lehrer
	50% AT&T Liberty Media

Perhaps channel 13 in Newark and channel 26 in Washington have some
interest, but I don't think so -- I believe their interest is in the
NewsHour itself and not in the (independent) production company.  This
has not prevented WETA from making almost all of its personalities do
double duty on the NewsHour.

-GAWollman