Re: Expanded band query...?

#1 In Boston....1650Am is actually assigned to Logan Airport's TIS (Traveler Info Station). Can hear on my car radio as far North as Woburn.

#2 There are by now some independent X-band Broadcasts (1680 in Trenton NJ for example...calls escape me at present)

#3 There's at least one station (WGIN-Rochester NH) which currently broadcasts at 930 AM {//WGIR 610AM Manchester NH) that is authorized to broadcast at 1700AM at 10kw, but they've not (to my knowldege) yet brought that station online.

-Paul Hopfgarten
-Derry NH

Joseph Pappalardo <joepappalardo2001@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Last night I was picking up a station blasting in here on 1650AM.  Would
anyone know what station this might be?  (I am continually amazed that
stations in this band do so well with only 1Kw...and omnidriectional too.)

The only station identification I heard was them identifying themselves as
"Timeless Classics"...format sounded kinda generic...like a satelite format.

If I am correct...stations in the expanded AM band are simulcasts of
sdaytimers in the normal band, right?

Have any expanded band assignments been given out in New England?

Thanks!

Joe Papp