Re: Power Increase Beyond Class of Station

On 7 Feb 2001, at 10:48, hopfgapr@sprynet.com wrote:

> -->Is Agamenticus Hill a piece of dirt in York Ctr?

Since I don't live too far from it....
(Travelogue mode on)
First of all, it is Mount Agamenticus, and it is a lot more than a
piece of dirt.  As you go over the I-95 bridge between NH and
Maine look slightly to your left.  Off in the distance you will see
Mount Aggie and its fire tower (which is a real kick to climb if you
don't get caught).  You can even drive up there by getting off at the
York exit (the last one before the toll), turning left, then right on to
Chase Pond Road which goes into Mount Agamenticus Road and
to the road leading to the top, which I'm not sure is plowed in the
winter.  On top you will find the fire tower and what used to be a ski
lodge.  From there, on a good day, you can see a long ways into
Massachusetts, up the coast to Portland, west to Mount
Washington, and east to the Isle of Shoals.  As to the 95.3 tower,
its not that noticeable.  Someday I'll take a picture and send it off
to Scott for his collection.

Dan Cole,