On-Air Phone Call Consentage

Yesterday morning a "best of" AfterMidnite (an overnight birdfeed
country show) included a call to a potential contest winner.  The fellow
that answered, obviously not thrilled about being awoken ("well I'll
tell ya, it's just after 1am, ..."), said that, "no, the person doesn't
live here".  After Blair identified himself and the show and apologized
for the mistake, the callee hung up (a second work number provided by
the "winner" resulted in a similar "oh no, she doesn't work here
anymore").
Something tells me that they didn't call the guy back up and secure his
permission to use that phone call on-air:  Wouldn't that fall under the
big FCC no-no of prior consent?

     ~Kaimbridge~