Re: CBS RADIO changes news opening

Agreed. I heard it for the first time earlier this afternoon - it sounds
like someone banged it out on a Casio stuck in "major chord" mode.

And, if that wasn't bad enough, it just goes away. The old one used to
tinkle away under the anchor's intro - but this one just dies. And it
drowns out anyone trying to talk over it.

btw: anyone know if WBBR is running any kind of processing now that
they've switched to all-news? Listening late last week, they sounded kinda
thin - not to mention what must be some awful production behind the scenes
that left Mitch Lebe ad-libbing nonsensically to correct copy. (And this
was during afternoon drive!)

--Scott--

On Tue, 26 Dec 2000, Kevin Vahey wrote:

> I just heard the new "improved" version of the CBS news intro at 6 PM on
> WCBS
>
> Can't leave well enough alone....... its sounds awful

Scott J. Saloway
Assistant Producer/On-Air Promotions and Fundraising
WBUR Radio, Boston
saloway@bu.edu
I do not represent Boston University or any other entity.
My opinions are mine and mine alone.