Re: WSRO calls valuable?

SRO = Standing-Room Only. Great positioner for a lot of
formats. Brings to mind a sold-out concert or a good
party.

I think that, in this case, the calls represented the
wishful thinking of WSRO's original owners who were
hoping that all commercial avails in the broadcast day
would be sold out--a condition known in the biz as SRO.
(SRO is also usually an indication that the rates are
too low, or that too many below-rate-card deals were
cut). In WSRO's case, I doubt whether the SRO situation
ever occurred, although the station was allegedly quite
profitable for a few years in the 70s and 80s.