Re: new TV spots

At 12:10 AM 2/9/00 -0500, Donna Halper wrote:
>Did anybody see the TV spots that Talk96 is doing, featuring Mike
>Barnicle?  As somebody who has a problem with plagiarists,I find it
>amusing to see somebody who was fired from the Globe being reborn as a
>talk show host and spokesperson.  What a country...
Plagiarists come in all shapes and sizes as well as ideologies. Do I recall
correctly a certain Edward Kennedy in his former svelte form using others
thoughts at Harvard and getting off? What a country that can elect a man
who didn't have the decency to walk less than a minute to a cottage a
stones throw from the Dike Bridge in Chappaquiddick Island to summon help
for his passenger while she was still alive (for almost an hour by some
reports).
Don't you think on the scale of things that are important that Barnicle be
allowed to earn a living. Free people have the ability to switch the dial
if whom or what they hear is not to their "standards."
Happy holidays,
Takin' it Easy99.1,
Bill Piacentini
billpi@LL.MIT.EDU
As we close the 20th Century A.D. with a few more days of 2000 left, let me
join with my favorite radio station: locally-owned WPLM-FM 99.1 with
perhaps the largest playlist in the free world playing a unique blend of
great music by great artists in wishing everyone success in its third year
(and second century) of its unique format!