Update on Gary's Ice Cream - Take 2

I am not sure why you can't see the article, but I
have pasted it in here so there should not be any more
problems.

Dan

Ice cream stand owner locked in limbo on probe

By IAN BISHOP
Sun Staff

CHELMSFORD -- Over two months after seizing video and
computer equipment, local and state investigators
continue
their probe into allegations prominent town
businessman Gary Frascarelli disseminated obscene
materials to minors.

Chelmsford

Investigators seized computer-related equipment from
Frascarelli's home on Carlisle Road, and his business,
Gary's Ice
Cream at 105 Gorham St., on Aug. 10.

But investigators appear to have made little headway
since launching the investigation.

"There really is no new development at all," conceded
Chelmsford Police Lt. James F. Murphy. "We're anxious
to get it
wrapped up."

Frascarelli's attorney, Joseph B. Shanahan Jr. of
Chelmsford, said the lack of any movement in the
investigation likely means investigators
have found nothing incriminating.

"Be assured that if they had found something we would
have heard by now," said Shanahan.

Frascarelli has referred all comments regarding the
allegations to Shanahan.

Authorities said members of the Middlesex District
Attorney's Office and State Police continue to search
Frascarelli's computers and their
files.

"They've examined a lot of evidence," said Murphy.
"We're trying to determine which way to proceed.
Hopefully we'll have some movement
soon."

Murphy was unable to put a time frame for authorities
to conclude the investigation.

While investigators plot their next move, Shanahan
said his client has little to fear since nothing
involving any wrongdoing is contained in the
computer files.

"There is some comfort level," Shanahan said. "We
certainly expect to get his property back and the
conclusion to be that Mr. Frascarelli has
done nothing wrong."

At the time of the seizure of his electronic
equipment, Frascarelli said investigators did not tell
him of any allegations, nor did they say who had
lodged the complaint.

"Unfortunately, in a business you have to fire people,
and some of them hold grudges," Frascarelli said
following the equipment seizure. "The
police got a complaint, and they were just doing their
job. There is nothing to find on my computer."

Shanahan said Frascarelli is upset by the allegations,
and the amount of public attention it has garnered.

"He's very, very troubled (by the allegations)," said
Shanahan.

While Frascarelli understands authorities were doing
their jobs in investigating the complaint, he is
unhappy with the amount of media coverage
and the length of time investigators have left him
under intense public scrutiny while they proceed with
the investigation, said Shanahan.

"Before the search, there were obviously phone calls
made to bring media attention," said Shanahan. As a
result, "Mr. Frascarelli has been the
subject to a good deal of public scrutiny.

"We know what the outcome is going to be," Shanahan
added. "We hope there is as much media coverage."