Re: I'm back......

On Sat, 30 Sep 2000, Larry Weil wrote:

> And this is probably the last time you get to see the CBC coverage.
> I read on a satellite newsgroup that CBC is planning to end their
> analog signals, I think at the end of November.  They will be going
> to a digital format that will be exclusive to Canada.  So, the only
> way to see them here will be with grey market equipment.

Interesting...does anyone in Canada own any of the required recepetion
and decoding equipment to pick up these digital signals?

If this is true, it's a bit hasty, don't you think?   When I was in Canada
I didn't recall seeing any of these new digital receivers advertised or in
stores.  All TV sets being sold up there were the same as down here.
Analogue.

This is dumber than the AM to FM switch CBC-Radio and Soc. Radio Canada
have been doing.

--
Sven F. Weil
email: sven@chookus.com