Re: An ad that seems familiar

     It SHOULD look familiar.  It is a redux of an old
Kiss/108 spot.  Believe it or not, even WXNE-TV 25
owned by Pat Robertson's CBN folks (now WFXT/Fox 25)
ran that rather suggestive (for that time) Kiss/108
spot in 1980!!. (God, did I HATE disco!!!)
     Yup, it is the typical rehash of an old
pre-fabbed agency spot.  The typical "vivacious and
sexy" girl with a typical tag-line,  "(off camera guy)
You have a remarkable mouth.......(sexy girl) WE have
a REMARKABLE radio station ......(off camera guy)
KISS/108, into the 80's at FM 108!!!".
     Funny how what's old is what's new. You could say
that the new 'ZLX spot was really designed back in
1979.  How original and how creative! I gotta' laugh!

-Pete

--- "Bob Nelson...WMWM" <bobonradio@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Just saw an ad on TV for WZLX, with a woman lip-
> synching to various songs and DJ bits. At the end,
> an off-camera voice says, "you have a remarkable
> mouth". She replies, "well, 'ZLX is a remarkable
> radio station."
>
> Sound familiar? KISS-108 (I believe) did the same
> exact ad years ago, right down to "well, we have
> a remarkable radio station".

> Send instant messages & get email alerts with Yahoo!
> Messenger.
> http://im.yahoo.com/

=====
Peter Q. George (K1XRB)