Re: the language watch continues

On Thu, 07 Sep 2000 21:55:19 -0400 "Brian T. Vita"
<brian_vita@cssinc.com> writes:

> It was a cheap shot by a low rent reporter.  The interview should
> not
> consist of curve balls designed to throw someone off balance and
> make them
> look like an idiot.  An interviewer can control the tone of an
> interview by
> how they conduct it.

	Andy Hiller is a lot of things, but low rent reporter is not one of them
he is 	a very respected political reporter with a national reputation.
If you don't throw a 	curve ball now and then what is the point of an
interview?  The talking heads 	could just read whatever press release the
candidates wants on the air and I 	suppose you would call that indepth
reporting of the news!

	Think of all the money you would save by not having to pay a reporter's
salary!

This interviewer chose to make himself look
> impressive by blind siding someone.  I'd actually like to see some
> of the
> same tactics tried on the talking heads that obsess on this type of
> thing.

	Yeah right,  just look at the guy's haircut, he's really interested in
	making himself look good on TV

> Of course, if it were a Democratic candidate that was blind sided,
> it would
> have been a part of the vast Republican conspiracy.

	I didn't know Bradley had changed party affiliation, oh yeah Bradley
didn't
	get upset and lose his cool over being asked a question.

df