Maine Public Radio Expansion

Yup, to my surprise that was my e-mail that Charles Beck answered. I was
quite surprised to see it jump out at me when my Airplay arrived in the
mail the same day your note came across here.

Not to re-hash an old topic, but in the related reference to EAS tests.
I continue to appreciate hearing the weather advisories. But I am
admittedly a weather enthusiast and a weather-watcher  for a local
Bangor TV station and tthe NWS in Caribou. I realize most people don't
appreciate or care about weather halfway across the state. Even I find
it annoying when it cuts into Toby LaBoutilliere's playing of a Vaughn
Monroe classic on Down Memory Lane. But that's what it's supposed to be
for.
I just hope it works when we really need it. I know MPR is still
smarting from the Ice Storm fiasco of 2 years ago.

Maybe I'm still a litle partial to the EAS/old-EBS systems.  Several
times in the 15 years I was with KMXT Kodiak AK I had to fire up the
tones for a tsunami warning or Volcano Eruption along the North Gulf
Coast and Aleutian Islands of Alaska . It actually did play a vital role
there.

It will be interesting to see how WHQO makes out with MPR.
I wonder if I should suggest, if the deal falls thru,  they try starting
an outlet on the expanded band, say around Farmington ME at 1670AM?

Rod O'Connor
Southwest Harbor, Maine