Re: Boston's "Original" Oldies Station?

"A. Joseph Ross" wrote:

> I notice WODS has been calling itself Boston's "original" oldies station.
> I suppose that's meant as a dig against WROR, but the title is certainly
> wrong.  When WODS started, WMEX 1150 had been Boston's Oldies Station for
> some time.  Before that, WROR 98.5 was an oldies station.  WCOP-FM and
> WNTN had been oldies stations at least briefly.  And there may have been
> others that I'm missing.

>  A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                        617.367.0468
>  15 Court Square                     lawyer@world.std.com
>  Boston, MA 02108-2503      http://world.std.com/~lawyer/

I think what they are saying by their slogan " Boston's original oldies
station"

is to imply more that the songs that they have in rotation were "original
hits"

which is also to disclaim that they don't subscribe to anytown USA cookie
cutter approach

to oldies, and more of what let's say WRKO, and WMEX were playing during the
60's and

seventies.

Of course there were earlier oldies stations in Boston that WODS