Re: WHIL and country

Indeed, Roy Leonard went to WGN, where he began a long
and rather illustrious career, from which he retired
only within the last couple of months. I thought he was
a very talented radio guy. Before moving to WNAC, he did
the "Two and Eight Date" 2:00 to 4:00 PM and 8:00 to
10:00 PM on the old WHDH.

But there was some sort of major shift in WNAC's
programming several years before 1967. I was a great fan
of Jonathan Schwartz (later of WNEW (AM) and WQEW; now
of XM Satellite radio). He did evenings on WNAC, and I
remember that his program ended _right_ after a
heavyweight title bout that took place, in, of all
places, Lewiston, ME. Schwartz missed his show so he
could drive up to Lewiston to attend the fight. The next
evening he returned to announce that his show was
ending. I distinctly remember that that event took place
while Ruth and I were living in Belmont, which would
place it before November 1964.