Re: Was there ever a WSDS?

On 28 Aug 2000,  Dan Strassberg wrote:

> I believe Scientific Data Systems sold out to Xerox in the early 60s.

If it was that early, I wouldn't have heard of the company and its
unfortunate acronym.  It wasn't until the late 60s that SDS became well-
known.

The specific story I heard, circa 1970, was that someone was turned down
for credit because his application gave his occupation as "vice president
of SDS."  When the company sold out to Xerox, their name became XDS, and
the problem was solved.

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                        617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                     lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503      http://world.std.com/~lawyer/