Re: WQEW and radio disney

On Tue, 22 Aug 2000, Mike Fitzpatrick wrote:

> Something just occurred to me while looking through the Boston Radio
> Archives. Why hasn't Buena Vista changed WQEW's call sign to a "radio
> disney-ish" call sign, like they did with WMKI or WDZK? It just seems to me
> that the radio Disney in the #1 outlet in the US would change calls like
> they have for the their other outlets.

	I don't see why they would bother going through the paperwork,
since the call letters are only shouted (more like buried) at the top of
the hour ID.  The rest of the day, the station is just known as "AM 1560
Radio Disney."  I should know...my brother used to listen to this thing
until he turned 12 exactly.  Then he made the switch to the FM band.

Gee.....I guess these consultants do know what they're doing!

--
Sven F. Weil
email: sven@chookus.com