Re: Big-D 103

At 12:16 AM 8/21/00 -0400, A. Joseph Ross wrote:
>I passed by WSBS in Great Barrington and decided to give a listen.
>They seemed to be doing an Adult Standards format, though perhaps a
>bit more contemporary standards than most such stations.  Is there
>such a format as "hot adult standards"?

I don't know, but about a month ago, I heard something on 540 in southern
Conn. (never got a legal ID, but I got the impression the station was on
Long Island) using the Music Of Your Life slogan...definitely not music I'd
call MOYL, more of a soft oldies format.  The oldest song I heard was "100
Pounds Of Clay" by Gene McDaniels, hardly MOYL material.  Most of the rest
of what I heard was AC-ish stuff from the 70s.  Not sure if it was live or
voicetracked, but it was definitely not syndicated.