Re: Verizon coverage and sponsorships

I've been listening to the ads by the strikers whining about work
conditions and all they've done is lessen what little sympathy I had for
them in the workplace.  Don't these folks realize that by disparaging their
employer publicly their shooting themselves in the foot?  If Verizon is
such a bad company, I'll take my telephone business to MCI (with whom I
already have 2 local lines).  As more people adopt that attitude, Verizon
will cut back its staffing and the whiners are now out of a job.

I agree that its awkward when the radio news is brought to you by Verizon
Wireless and the lead story is about the strike...

Brian

At 11:22 AM 8/18/00 -0400, Chuckigo@aol.com wrote:
>Has anyone else noticed how awkward it seems to watch, as an example, the
>channel 5 early newscasts (5pm) and see that portions are "Brought to you by
>Verizon" right after the anchor reads the tease for the strike story?
>    i know that in radio, as an example, if there is a plane crash, the
>announcer/producer/anchor usually makes sure the airline spots, if any are
>logged, are removed from the news spot-slots so that there's not a tease or a
>story preceeding or following the commercial.
>    yes, i know that Verizon is running a series of informational spots to
>their customers about "their side" of the story, hoping that customers will
>hold firm and be patient.  moreso needed now with the advent of true, local
>competition (RCN, cable modems, DSL companies, etc).  but when the sponsor is
>the story, one might think that items such as sponsorship billboards would be
>postponed until the "difficulties" are resolved.
>
>- -Chuck Igo

Brian Vita, President
Cinema Service & Supply, Inc.
75 Walnut St.
Peabody, MA  01960-5626  USA
Sales & Service ->(800)231-8849 US & Canada
Sales & Service Fax ->(800)329-2775
Business Office -> (978)538-7575
Business Fax -> (978)538-7550

***Visit Our Web Site at www.cssinc.com***
Check out our new online webstore for cinema supplies!
CSS, Inc. is a proud member of ITEA & NSCA