Re: Complaints about Broadcast News

In a message dated 8/15/00 12:02:58 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
mwaters@mail.wesleyan.edu writes:

<< I disagree. It pertains, one way or another, to millions of people
 using these tires. >>

The safety issue was well publicized by Thursday, but on Saturday WCSH was
doing live shots from a local tire shop ("We're really busy replacing
tires.").  The additional angles that you mentioned are all relevant and if
the local news was doing those stories it would have been worthwhile, but
that's not what they were doing.  The story was important, but leading the
news for four days is overkill.  Bring back Elian!c ;-)

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine