WDRC - 40 years of pop music

        WDRC-FM is marking 40 years since the AM went to top 40 later this
week (I think it's Friday or Saturday) with some extras that might make
good listening for some of the folks here. It's on the internet at
www.wdrc.com. This morning I heard an old "where your friends are" jingle
and other jingles brought out of retirement. They're using testimonials
from past air talent. I caught the end of one from someone (not sure who)
who said it's really true as he used to claim that he lived close enough to
the station that he'd put on Stairway to Heaven at the end of his shift and
be home before it ended. Stuff like that is on. Their original 1960 slogan
still holds for this station -- radio fun.