Re: great time at Gary's!

In a message dated 8/12/00 10:05:57 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
bobonradio@yahoo.com writes:

<< Had a great time at Gary Francis' ice cream shop/
 sock hop remote as some of the list members made it
 to Chelmsford for a cookout and get-together! Thanks
 to Gary for co-ordinating and hosting it  >>

Ditto!  I had a super time.  I apologize for only staying about an hour as I
wanted to get back home to Concord, NH and watch some of The Babe Ruth World
Series(I am a big baseball fan!).  I had tickets to go deap sea fishing
earlier in the day, but it was called off by the company because of high
waves.  So, it was great I could attend.  It was great matching names and
faces and talking radio.(I probably could've stayed all night discussing
radio with you folks as our families don't want to listen to us ramble on
about frequency changes,antennas, etc!).
    Thanks for those attended and for Gary Francis who organized this.  After
all the events this week, he could've gave up and cancelled the whole event,
but instead pursued and was a most pleasant host.
    Hope we have another one in the next 3-4 months(I remember someone
offering a restaurant to host this type of event on this newsgroup.)  I'm
glad I made the trip down.

Gary Ford
Concord, NH